November 12, 2018
- Calamari – 3/4 lb, sliced into rings (It’s ok to get the tentacles too)
- Mussels – 1 lb, cleaned and debearded
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Shallots – 1/2 bulb, diced
- Parsley – 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Linguine – 1/2 lb
- Cooking oil – 2 Tbsp
- Anchovy paste (opt) – 1 1/2 tsp (Can find in tubes)
- Capers – 1 Tbsp
- Diced tomatoes – 1 can, drained of liquid
- White wine – 2 Tbsp (Use a dry white like a pinot grigio or a sauvignon blanc)
- Lemon – 1/2, juice of
- Calamari – Slice.
- Mussels – Cover in cold water and then drain.
- Garlic / Shallots / Parsley – Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add linguine. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic, shallots, anchovy paste, and capers to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and wine, and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mussels to pan. Cover with a lid and cook for ~5 minutes. Give the pan a shake before removing lid and folding in calamari. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until squid is cooked through. Toss with linguine and finish with lemon juice and then season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
- Enjoy your Italian seafood pasta (preferably with a glass of white wine!).